The Academy offers partial and named scholarships to students in the Pre-College Program as funds are available. The Academy seeks to establish an Endowed Scholarship Fund so that deserving students will not be turned away for financial reasons.
Scholarships are awarded based on merit and need.
Families applying for scholarship aid should submit:
- A copy of their latest 1040 (long or short form), top page, both sides;
- A brief letter stating what amount the family can pay towards tuition;
- Any relevant information that would help the committee make a fair decision.
All information remains confidential within the Board-assigned committee. Decisions are finalized before classes begin.
Awards are donated by Board Members each year, and are presented at a year-end event to students of exceptional achievement in:
- Chamber Music — The Paul/Wells Prize;
- Composition — The Dorothy Klotzman Prize;
- Instrumental Performance — The Linda Sandell Prize;
- Piano Performance — The Ron Sonntag Prize.
Funding for Scholarships and Awards
Individual and corporate support is needed and encouraged for general scholarship support and for named and memorial scholarships for music studies, composition, and performance.
Families and friends who work for companies with matching fund programs are encouraged to donate to the Academy through their employers.
The Academy of Music Northwest is a private, 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that admits students without regard to race, sex, color, ethnic origin, religious preference, or financial status; and offers them all the rights, classes, programs, master classes, workshops, performance opportunities, field trips, scholarships, financial aid programs, and any other programs that are available to students at the school.